Sunday, June 28, 2009

Whats in a name!!!

Microsoft is ready to launch its new operating system “Windows 7” by this October.
I am sure everybody cock-a-hoop with its release.But the question is “why the name Windows 7?”.I asked the same question to one of my friends and he was quick to respond “Windows 2007”.But that doesn’t make any sense. Windows 2007 releasing by October 2009!!!!quite ridiculous isn’t itJAnd some related it to the performance attributes!!!But that is not the case.It was initially code named “BLACKBOMB” and “VIENNA”.But Microsoft was not ready to have date in the name(such as windows 98)
neither they like to have an “aspirational name”(such as “xp”,”vista”).Then came the thought-The OS is all about simplicity so a simple name Windows 7.Indicating the 7th release of windows.Afterall whats in a name man ,its all about performance!!!!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

10 comments:

  1. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very informative, keep posting such sensible articles, it extremely helps to grasp regarding things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What you are spoken communication is totally true. i do know that everyone should say a similar factor, however I simply assume that you simply place it in an exceedingly method that everybody will perceive. i am positive you may reach such a lot of folks with what you've to mention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome work.Just wished to drop a comment and say i'm new your journal and adore what i'm reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am extraordinarily affected beside your writing talents, Thanks for this nice share.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing web log and really fascinating stuff you bought here! I positively learned plenty from reading through a number of your earlier posts in addition and set to drop a discuss this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an especially good written article. i will be able to take care to marker it and come back to find out further of your helpful data. many thanks for the post. i will be able to actually come back.

    ReplyDelete